Shake up your morning meal routine with our Mushroom & Kale Frittata!
This hearty, bone-boosting breakfast (or lunch!) whips together in 15 minutes and requires just a few ordinary ingredients…
But this “no flip omelette” is anything BUT ordinary!
In one skillet, we’ve packed a fantastic dose of bone-supporting protein, healthy fats, and nutrients like vitamin A, D, K, E, and calcium.
We know you’ll love this recipe – try it this week!
Mushroom & Kale Frittata | BoneCoach™ Recipes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
1 tbsp (15ml) organic extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil or ghee
8oz (226g) mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp (2ml) sea salt
2 cups (500ml) kale, roughly chopped
Pinch freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
6 large eggs, beaten
3 tbsp (45ml) milk of choice (non-dairy if Paleo or Paleo AIP)
1) Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, mushroom, and half the salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add in the kale and black pepper. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
3) Whisk the eggs with the milk, and season with remaining salt. Pour the egg mixture of the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes until the edges are set, but the center is still runny.
4) Place the skillet under your oven broiler for 5-6 minutes, until the top is golden and slightly puffed up!
5) Carefully remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying! Next time, repeat using your favorite frittata fillings!
Note: UV-exposed mushrooms are a great source of vitamin D2
Recipe created by BoneCoach™ Team Dietitian Amanda Li, RD & Chef.
Apply to work with our teamApply Now
The information shared above is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide medical or nutrition therapy advice; it does not diagnose, treat or cure any disease, condition; it is not to be used as a replacement or substitute for medical advice provided by physicians and trained medical professionals. If you are under the care of a healthcare professional or are currently using prescription medications, you should discuss any dietary and lifestyle changes or potential dietary supplements use with your doctor. You should not discontinue any prescription medications without first consulting your doctor.
Related Blog Posts
Hyperthyroidism & Osteoporosis, Bone Loss ...
Have you ever wondered if your hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism could be negatively impacting your ...
Mushroom & Kale Frittata | BoneCoach™ ...
Shake up your morning meal routine with our Mushroom & Kale Frittata! This hearty, bone-boosting ...
How To Make A Bone-Healthy Salad
Whether you’re looking to add a fresh addition to your diet, or you’re trying to up your intake ...
Functional Medicine - Getting To The Root ...
Treating symptoms without addressing the root cause just won't cut it. If you want to resolve your ...
Food Addiction OR Emotional Eating w/ Tricia ...
Have you ever wondered if you could be addicted to sugar? Do you want to learn more about the difference ...